Monday, August 8, 2011

Interlude

*ok Barbs this is what happened in the middle of the night… enjoy!*
“Ok Robert you and miciah have to leave I’m going to go get Nicki now. It’s going to be officially 24 hours before her wedding and I want to remain tradional. We have to do our Trini ritual and you can go get Safaree” carol said looking over her shoulder to a half sleep husband.
“Alright lady I’m getting up”
“Ok I’m going to call the driver over and call candi and the other girls; I can’t believe this is happening to me! I’m handing my baby over in 24 hours” she said clapping and smiling
When the driver got there she grabbed her purse and flips flops and headed over to get her daughter the new Bride to be.
-
Carol walked into the quiet house glancing over the stairs and looking the opposite way. When she turned her head the opposite way she saw the girl and waved. They all giggled and pointed up the stairs where Nicki and Safaree just fell asleep. Carol nodded her head ok and started climbing the stairs slowly not to trip. When she got to the door she listened first just in case, so she wouldn’t walk in on them. Then she twisted the knob because she heard nothing and peeped in the dark room. The light from the hall way landed on a sleeping Nicki. She walked over to Nicki side of the bed and whispered in her ear and said
“Hunny bun it’s time to go”
Nicki’s eyes buck when she heard her mother’s voice in her ears and sat up
“Ma why are you here?” Nicki said giving her mother a crazy face
“Because it’s the 24 hour mark and you have to leave, kiss Safaree goodbye. Me and the girls are in the car waiting on you.” Then she grabbed Nicki’s cheeks
“Awe my baby will be a bride” carol smiled which made Nicki smile while looking into her mother’s eyes and she left out.
“Faree baby it’s about that time” Nicki said rubbing the side of his face. He stirred a bit but didn’t wake. Nicki kissed him and threw on her White jogging suit that said bride going down the side of the leg and across the hoodie and met the girls in the suv.
-
Back at the hotel room carol was in, Nicki noticed her brother and father was gone.
“Mom where are the boys?”
“They had to leave hunny this is all girls no boys allowed. I’m going to need for you to go back to sleep because tomorrow is a big day being the day before the wedding. Also known as the day of STRESS!”
“Mom I hope I survive because I’ve been freaking out already. I’m trying my hardest not to turn into Bridezilla” everybody laughed
“I know baby everything will go perfect, trust me ok”
“I trust you momma” Nicki laid her head in carols lap and the girls slept in the other king size bed next to Nicki and carols bed.
Carol looked over her daughters small frame and started to think back when she use to lie in her lap when she was smaller. Even as a baby Carol use to lay Nicki in her lap on a pillow and let her sleep there. She knew Nicki found comfort there so she let her lay there for an hour before she told her to move on her side of the bed so she could get some rest.
The hotel room the main women were in was over the ocean and the peeking sun shown in from sun rise. Carol always woke up around this time so she got up even though she hadn’t had any sleep much. She was too excited for the big day. She looked over at her wild sleeping daughter Onika and smirked and got up and threw her white robe on and walked to the sliding doors. She opened the doors to her the waves crashing and behind the waves was the beautiful sun rise from the horizon.  The smell of the sea salt from the beach and mild wind from the wave hit carol in the face which made her automatically relaxed. She sat down in the woven wood patio seat and took in the smell and the view. The temperature was just right, it felt like a spring day but she knew later it would be scorching hot. At 5:45 am was the best time for her to wake because her mother always told her your blessings come from the lord and the angel comes to receive a message in the early peeks of morning. She knew Nicki woke up a 6 am sometimes to write but she knew that Nicki didn’t know the meaning behind her waking up and receiving a clear mind to write. Carol said her morning prayer and drifted off to sleep again in the chair to her beautiful site .She was going to tell her daughter every secret tonight.
 Around 8 am the girls woke up to Carol sleep on the porch and Nicki walked over to her and helped her to the bed while she was sleep.
“Momma gets some rest me and the girls will wait for you, it’s going to take us some time getting dressed and applying makeup and all of that. Then Wang-Tu is coming to do all of our nails and pedicures ok” Nicki said kissing her mother’s forehead as she shook her head yes and drifted back to sleep
“Aw you two look just alike she so cute” Lauren said
“I know right, she’s my queen, I don’t know what I would do without my mommy”
“Momma girl” Candice said smiling at Nicki who was rubbing her mother’s soft hair
They walked out the room suite into the dining area and closed the door to the room and Lauren went to the bathroom to take a shower.
“Ok while yall are getting dressed I will be cooking breakfast for us and my momma, I wanna surprise her with her favorite for breakfast! French toast” Nicki said smiling while grabbing the Texas white bread from the counter she told Martin to get by texting him.
Nicki moved around the kitchen while Candice went to go pick out her outfit and Diamond went to go style her hair before her shower.
-
SB woke up to the sun in his face which he thought Nicki did once again by opening the shades wide open. He looked around and saw she wasn’t around so he said
“Sweetheart I’m woke where you are?”
“Right here baby “CLSFRESH said in a crazy attempted girl sounding voice, while walking out of the bathroom in their room with the Vaks right behind laughin
“Shut up son! You aint funny, where nick at”
“Oh look who feisty in the morning” Vincent said, the guys laughed again
“Soooorrrrrrry… guy” the Vaks all said in unison as Safaree got out of bed
“Let me call nick first, and get yall gay asses out of here” Safaree said throwing on a white tee shirt
“oh yeah Lauren called me and said she won’t see me a lot today because she’s with Nicki and Nicki can’t see you for 24 hours or something like that” Vincent said while pointing and gesturing his hands to Safaree
“Oh yeah, I heard her talking in my ear but I didn’t wake up, I can’t see her for 24 hours damn this is torture.”
“Hahaha, no nook for you” Trey said while holding in his laughin turning red
“In a minute yo ass will be BC nothing instead of BC-8, lame ass sworsh” Sb said lookin at trey like he dumb
“SWORSH!!!!” the other 3 yelled out
“Hahaha shut the fuck up” REX said laughing
“Naw I get more than this nigga any day and he got the nerve to talk, dude retarded” Safaree said
“We all get more than this nigga, he wanna be mister goody to shoes and shit and not have none because he said he scared of the disease”
“What disease?”
“Pregnancy!” the Vaks laughed together again
“Get the fuck out! Hahaha, this nigga desperate. We gon hook you up with one of the barbs as soon as they get here”
“Naw nigga!”
“Hell yeah, this is an emergency, you need pussy”
“Go get dress you niggas aint shit” Trey laughed
“Alright, but yall gotta get yall gay asses out”
“Nigga aint nobody gay” lucky said
“Mumbles has spoken” Safaree said and they all got out of the room and waited for Safaree to come out.
“Yo son, did you do what I told you and get the strippers Trey?” REX asked concerned
“Yeah I did they are at their hotel waiting on us to call them”
“Alright, this nigga better hurry up us got shit to do” Vincent said smiling and rubbing his hands together
“Nigga you got a woman right on this island, go ask her to make that ass clap” Lucky said. Everybody laughed
“Shut up nigga, and I can help it I love me some pussy!” he said giving dap to REX
“Spanking that ass, spanking that ass” REX said like mike Epps
The guys sat around the mansion an talked until Safaree came out dressed an hour and 30 minutes later. Then they got their day and surprise started.
-
“Breakfast was great baby” carol said while chewing her last piece of sugar powdered French toast
“Great, now I’m going to take my shower and text safari”
“NO! Do not do that, that’s breaking tradition of not speaking or having contact at all baby. Give me your phone.” Nicki dragged her feet and pouted all the way over to her mother’s lap
“But ma!”
“But momma nothing, go get your but in the tub while Wang-tu is on her way over”
“Ok mom” Nicki smile while turning around and her momma patting her on the behind in gesture of hurry up.
When Nicki got to the bathroom she saw all three ladies dress. Diamond was rapping a song she had mixed for her radio show back in Philly, Lauren was now putting on makeup, and Candice was curling her edgy Mohawk.
“Yall hoes gotta migrate to the room or something”
“But we need the big ass mirror” Candice said
“But I need the shower and my steam aint going to help yall, now is it?”
All three of them gave Nicki the evil eye and she laughed. They packed their things and moved to the room. By the time she got out the girls were sitting in fold up chairs and had their pedicure water going. Nicki sat down and joined them except for she was first in getting her nails done. She got her nails short for her wedding and had them in a French tip and a single rhinestone right above the white line on every nail. Wang-tu massaged Nicki’s hands and massaged her cuticles. Wang-tu finished up with Nicki’s fingers and moved on to her mothers and her 3 friends. After she completed their nails she did Nicki’s toes the complete same way she did her nails and moved on to her mothers and others after she did hers. Wang-tu left and the ladies enjoyed the rest of their night sipping on martinis and eating lobster enjoying the fun times they had, and carol enjoyed telling Nicki embarrassing moments.
“Well ladies 7pm is late for me and I would like to talk to my daughter alone, will you all excuse us. I want to have a heart to heart on the beach” carol said looking at her daughter and grabbing her hand. They both threw on their flip flops and went for the walk
“Ok ladies see yall later” the 3 ladies told carol and Onika as they walked out.
-
The guys knew it was getting late so they were ready to give their guy Safaree his surprise. They all stopped talking as the door bell rung. The ladies were dressed as police officers and all the guys screamed
“Surprise BC-1”
“What the hell is this?”
“What you mean, it’s your bachelor party the night before your wedding, enjoy!” Vincent told him. He then handed Safaree 1000$ of singles and the strippers turned their music on and went to work. Safaree enjoyed his night. He popped an Advil so he wouldn’t catch a hangover and yell and watch his friends smoke ganja. He enjoyed the rest of his night but he missed Nicki so much. He knew he couldn’t text but her texted her
“I love you, My Wife, My Queen, My Angel get your beauty sleep for our big day”
And pressed send.
-
All of the barbs and ken barbs had touched down on the island ready to see their Barbie bride queen. A lot of them hadn’t seen her in a while because they were going to school or getting degree’s this was more of like a reunion and everybody loved it. They wondered where Nicki was but they knew that they would all probably just get a big speaker call from her. They talked and mingled and roomed with the people they were set to be with. They all had like 2 suit cases apiece so it was crowded. Terrence and day and Chris had all arrived that night and they were staying in the hotel with them also. Terrence and day talked to the barbs and caught up with everybody and see how far everybody had come.
 The barbs had a sentimental moment and they all enjoyed each other’s moments for life in a huge circle. They also expressed how they made it thru trials and tribulations with the help of Nicki’s music. All the barbs had been thru something and they could all relate in some way, and if they couldn’t relate in one they all could relate in one thing and that was the love for Nicki.
Nicki showed the barbs the real mellow her, the true her, Onika. She didn’t have to hide in front of these barbs or put on a show because she knew they understood her. They meant the world to her and that’s why she invited her top 80 barbs out of her 500 guests.
They all rapped Nicki songs and played her music and reflected on twitter and how everybody use to be in a fight over OnikaFaree or Dricki and the dumb Tunenicki. They talked about her flaws and perfections, the way they connected with Nicki. Some people let their guards down and forgave the others they didn’t get along with. This beautiful trip was well needed.
All of a sudden Nicki called Day phone. Day picked up
“Hello their hunny”
“Are you here day?”
“Yes I am hunny bun”
“Ok, I heard you are with my die hards where they are?”
“They are right here crowding me trying to hear what you are saying” day said laughin
“Hahaha they are a mess, put me on speaker day I wanna talk to them”
“Ok hold on” day pushed the button
“Ok you’re on”
“HI BARBZ” Nicki screamed
 The barbs screamed back hey HB! And Nicki giggled
“Ok barbs I have to tell you something”
“What” the barbs screamed
“I’m getting married”
The barbs went bonkers and screaming and yelled at the phone OnikaFaree!
“yes barbs OnikaFaree, I’m sorry I won’t be able to see you all tonight because I’m spending time with my mommy but I love you all and I thank you all for supporting me and all of you coming I love you barbs, my babies, my bunny’s”
“We love you too Nicki” the barbs said
“Well I want you all to get some sleep because it’s a lot of you and you all have to be ready on time and sitting in you all places at a certain time. Jessie will be over to get you all in the morning and I will see you all tomorrow night barbs you hear me? And we will dance the night away!”
“We love you Nicki, and YOU get some sleep” the barbs said sternly
“I will trust me, my momma is here” the barbs laughed
“We I have to tend back to my mommy now, goodnight barbs”
“Goodnight love you HB”
“Love you too”
Day said her goodbyes and everybody parted their ways to their rooms to get some sleep.
-
Carol and Nicki watch the sunset together as her mother gave her advice on life and reminded her of the things she already told her. She also wanted to let her knew new things like how to react if Safaree gets mad at one thing and how to solve it. Just to never leave it alone. It’s always good to talk. She wanted to tell her daughter all the secrets to marriage before she hopped straight in it.
“Nicki remember when I told you to always wake up at 6 am and you started doing it?”
“Yes momma and I started doing it. I started writing in that time of morning to because everything was just coming.”
“Onika that is because you receive your blessings in the morning from god. If there is anything you need from god ask him at that time of day ok. He always sends his angels at that specific time because it’s easier to relay a message.”
 “How do you know this mommy?” Nicki said giggling
“Your grandmother told me now I’m telling you since she can’t be here to tell you herself, she would have loved this sight.”
“I know momma I wish she was here to enjoy all of this. I swear I would be mad broke if she was here because I will give my all to here I love here I miss her” Nicki leaned into her mother while tears fell from both of their eyes while they walked across the shore while the waves crashed into the rocks and their feet.
“Onika she is here with us, she see everything”
“I know momma, I love you and her I don’t know what I would have done without you too.”
“You would have still made it. This was destined for you baby.”
“Thank you momma”
“Onika, no matter how hard things may get or seem you stick it out, you don’t give up on your marriage do you hear me?”
“Yes momma”
“because there will be fights that you two will have that you think you won’t make it out of. But you will. You see I and your father stuck it out and we will forever be together. The love never leaves. And never cheat on him”
“Momma I love him too much to cheat on him, he gives me everything I need, he holds my heart and God has my heart. When I vow to god to love this man for the rest of my life I will momma”
“Oh and one more thing don’t be selfish and not have kids I want grandbabies”
“Momma I will give you grand kids just not right now”
“You don’t know when they are coming so be quiet”
“Momma I’m still working so later will be fine.”
“Right now wouldn’t be a problem neither, I’m ready for one now” Nicki giggled at her mother’s serious face
“Ok momma I will see what I can do”
“Don’t play with me Onika I’m serious, and I wanted to let you know I love Safaree and I trust him. I can’t believe I’m handing you over tomorrow; this is more than life Nicki baby. My baby is not a baby no more” carol started to cry
“I know momma but I will always be your baby and imma always still run to you for everything. Nothing is changing but the status of my relationship and my last name.” Nicki cried a little too
“I know! It’s just really big for me and I’m happy my baby found real true love and not one of those stupid niggas on the street”
They both stood in one place and looked out into the dark ocean that was clear. They held hands as the warm wind carried thru their hair and enjoyed the silence in between them. Until Nicki broke the silence and said
“Let’s go to bed now mommy” they started to walk back
“Yeah let’s go its past my bed time, but I’m excited”
“I’m excited to mom, IM GETTINGMARRIED” Nicki said while falling into her mother’s arms as they walked and laughed after that.
*they are cute, this was the night before the wedding, now here comes the wedding part one will be posted at 3pm tomorrow =) comment and tell me what you think LOVE @TrebbleBarbie*

1 comment:

  1. Not that mama Maraj done said Niggas..lmao I cant!!! Great job babe!!!

    ReplyDelete